Hajoca Career Paths
Achievement at Hajoca is a team sport, and our leaders can be found in all areas of our business. For highly motivated candidates, our comprehensive development programs are a rare opportunity to build your career using our playbook for success. We tailor your experience to your abilities and strengths to ensure you have every opportunity to excel.
Each path begins with an orientation where you will learn our business from the bottom up. You’ll have mentors and feedback as you explore every aspect of Hajoca and our industry. We’ll ask a lot of you during the orientation period, but this is the best way to teach you everything you need to know about our company before you transition into more specialized roles. These programs require a commitment of up to four years and may require relocation while you complete your training at various Hajoca locations within your region.
We will consider all qualified applicants regardless of geographic location and will do our best to match the company’s needs with that of the trainees' geographic preference.
Our career paths at Hajoca are exceptional
Comprehensive,paid training in each aspect of the business so you have a solid understanding of how Hajoca operates
- Access to the tools and resources you need for you to be at your professional best
- A culture dedicated to bringing your best
Choose your career path with Hajoca
Management Development Program
You just graduated, now what? You’re probably used to the question “What are you going to do after college?” Hajoca has the answer, a career path to managing your own profit center. Our ideal candidates will have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, demonstrated leadership qualities, and general business skills.
Your training will take place over a four year period and be structured in the following way:
- 9 Months Orientation into the business. This is a hands on introduction to our business. You will rotate through the different positions within the warehouse, work on the counter interacting with customers and learning product, spend time out in the field learning how products are applied and visit other locations to see how they operate.
- 9 Months in Inside Sales. You’ll learn to interact with our existing customers, provide solutions to their problems and develop relationships.
- 2 years Outsides Sales. Here you’ll work to capture new accounts and grow existing accounts. You’ll become partners with them in their business as you develop relationships with them.
- 6 Months in Operations. This part of our program will focus on operations management and leadership training.
Once you’ve complete our program you’ll be fully prepared to manage one of our profit centers, lead a team and have the ability to generate a lucrative income for yourself.
We have a twelve week paid internship opportunity in a fast paced environment. Interns will receive hands-on experience in every aspect of wholesale distribution and be coached by experienced mentors. The internship is spent in a profit center, learning the logistics and operations side of the business. This is done by performing shipping and receiving functions, deliveries, etc. After that the intern will then be exposed to the sales side of the business by interacting with customers and vendors in counter sales, inside sales and outside sales.
During the final six weeks interns will devote some of their time to a special project to further test and hone their operational, sales and service skills. While still under the supervision and instruction of their mentor, this project challenges interns to think critically and solve real life problems faced everyday by industry professionals. The project will be assigned by the profit center manager and be applicable to the location and needs of the team.
This path is designed for the experienced professional with a background in sales or leadership and looking to make a career and/or industry change. You will have a customized three-year development program exposing you to all parts of the business so you can be successful as a Profit Center Manager in our unique business model.
Your development program will consist of:
- Hands on rotation through the warehouse functions, counter sales and administration roles.
- Inside Sales training where you’ll learn to interact with our existing customers, provide solutions to their problems and develop relationships.
- Outsides Sales during which time you’ll work to capture new accounts and grow existing accounts. You’ll become partners with them in their business as you develop relationships with them.
- Operations training, focused on operations management, personnel management and leadership training.
Throughout the program you will be supported by mentors who help you develop your areas of opportunity. You will also build lasting relationships with customers and team members at all levels. While this program requires some travel, we will do our best to work with you on a solution that will give you the best training in your area.